At Ebbsfleet Green, we strive to ensure that all children receive an outstanding Physical Education programme, providing the foundations for lifelong participation in physical activity. Our high-quality physical education curriculum inspires all children to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities. It provides opportunities for children to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness; opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect.
What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is providing funding directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and P.E. for all their children, the funding is ring-fenced and can only be spent on sport and P.E. provision in schools.
Purpose of funding:
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of P.E. and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses of the funding:
hiring specialist P.E. teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching P.E.;
new or additional sport clubs;
paying for professional development opportunities in P.E.;
providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in P.E.;
running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games;
buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for P.E.;
providing places for children on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
How we will be spending the funding at Ebbsfleet Green:
All funding will be used to ensure that:
- children benefit regardless of sporting ability;
- children are given the opportunity to compete in local and regional tournaments;
- staff have access to resources and training opportunities, plus continued professional development to improve the quality of teaching and learning in physical education;
- we explore ways to ensure that swimming is developed so that children are water safe as a minimum standard;
- children are exposed to a range of traditional and non-traditional sports and health enhancing activities through the curriculum, clubs and school visits.
For the 2020 - 2021 academic year, Ebbsfleet Green received: £16, 220
Use of Funding
To identify CPD training for staff following observations and PD.
To provide specialist training for all teaching staff to develop the quality of PE lessons linked to the implementation of new scheme of work.
|To provide sports lunchtime clubs to increase physical activity of targeted children.||£ 720||Higher percentage of children engaging in physical activity throughout the day.||Whole School|
|To invest in and develop the range and quality of sports equipment within the school.||£ 15,000||Children will take part in a wide range of sports with equipment; this will encourage risk-taking within a safe environment and support confidence.||Whole School|
Swimming and water safety
At Ebbsfleet Green, swimming instruction is provided in Key Stage 2 and children are taught to:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres;
- use a range of strokes effectively [for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke];
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.